Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A SERVANT INSIDE AND OUT

A SERVANT INSIDE AND OUT

There are two types of servants, the most common being the outside servant. Many are they that wait on others and give the appearance of being a devoted servant. You would testify to there devotion anywhere. However they are not counted servants in the kingdom, because they would rather not serve if they are not recognized in some way for their devotion. Statements like, "and that's the thanks I get"! Is one of the revealing phrases, proving the inner servant was missing. "I didn't even get a thank you! That's the last time I will do anything for her! Never again! All these remarks are a clear indication of a servant with a motive. A servant with a motive is not a true servant!

 TAKE CARE not to do your good deeds publicly or before men, in order to be seen by them; otherwise you will have no reward reserved for and awaiting you with and from your Father Who is in heaven. [2] Thus, whenever you give to the poor, do not blow a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites in the synagogues and in the streets like to do, that they may be recognized and honored and praised by men. Truly I tell you, they have their reward in full already. [3] But when you give to charity, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,"  Matthew 6:1-3 AMP

Some deeds must be done in public, but what is your mind saying to you while your are serving ? Are you thinking "If only they knew who I was"! "They should be serving me!" "Why didn't they mention my name?" These thoughts a very common for the outward servant, with the grudging mind. The true servant is not aware that he or she is ever serving, because of the joy they receive from serving. Their request will sound like, "please let me do that?" or "can I do that"? It is to this group of people that I will ask, Whom shall I send? And who will go for Us? They are the ones that will say, Here am I; send me." Isaiah 6:8 AMP

To these I will say, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful to mop the floors, I will make you ruler over many buildings: join Me in My joy over your servant attitude." Matthew 25:21 I am not interested so much in outward performance, I look for the motivation of the heart. WHY? Are you doing what you are doing? Will you still do it, if you know there will never be an ounce of recognition, or thanks? Will you still do it with passion, if you know the credit will go to someone else? 


"Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own mind." Romans 12:16  Here is the kingdom rule of servanthood: "If you have not been faithful in that which is another man's, you will not be given that which is your own!" Luke 16:12 The kingdom is searching for, A SERVANT INSIDE AND OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment