Monday, April 11, 2011

WHAT DID I TELL YOU TO DO?

WHAT DID I TELL YOU TO DO?

There are times I must curtail your zeal. There are so many things happening in My kingdom, that a zealous child will involve himself in so many things, that it works against the kingdom rather than for it. It does three negative things. First it begins to rob Me of My time with you, and that I will not allow. Second it begins to sap your strength because of your lack of time with Me, which can lead to depression. Third it robs others of opportunity to exercise their gifts and work in 
My kingdom.

You can enjoy, rejoice with, offer input and pray for all the things in the kingdom, however, I have called you and each of My children,b to specific tasks in My kingdom. If each will stick to that task and do it with all their might, the church will mature so much faster. So many of My children are undisciplined and are scattered because they cannot focus long enough to hear My voice or follow instructions to the letter. 

With a background of instant everything, they have no patience. Remember Martha, I had to rebuke her zeal. She attacked Mary's ability to focus on Me. She was zealous to get things done for Me, but the reason I was there was to minister to whomever would hear. Martha's zeal caused her to miss My words of life, leaving her a troubled woman. If you will stick to what I've call you to do, your life will be so much more fruitful and satisfying. 

You are not called to save the world, only the part I gave you. Remember I want quality not quantity. If I have quality I will have quantity. Quantity only, produces children that are carried about by every wind of doctrine. I need those who will disciple as well as those who win the lost. I gave the commission to preach the gospel, but I also said to disciple all nations. This takes time and patience and especially focus. 

Becoming too busy doing good, is an enemy trick used to trip up the most dedicated workers. He uses it to steal the leaders time, causing loss of focus, leaving many new borns, disillusioned and lost in the shuffle. If I do not curb your zeal you will begin to push people, instead of lead them. They will burn out serving your zeal, rather than falling in love with Me. People do not fall in love under pressure. My spirit draws, calls, and invites, I never push, intimidate, or manipulate, that's the enemy's tactics. 

I said, I will build My church, and in so doing, each of My children are to be builders together with Me, according to My master blueprint. I love your zeal, so do not take offense at My rebuke, I am simply channeling it so you can reach the maximum potential I have placed in you. Do not let zeal eat you up, but allow Me to channel it where it will do the most damage to the kingdom of darkness.

2 Corinthians 10:13-18 (AMP)
We, on the other hand, will not boast beyond our legitimate province and proper limit, but will keep within the limits of our commission which God has allotted us as our measuring line and which reaches and includes even you. [14] For we are not overstepping the limits of our province and stretching beyond our ability to reach, as though we reached not (had no legitimate mission) to you, for we were the very first to come even as far as to you with the good news (the Gospel) of Christ. [15] We do not boast therefore, beyond our proper limit, over other men''s labors, but we have the hope and confident expectation that as your faith continues to grow, our field among you may be greatly enlarged, still within the limits of our commission, [16] So that we may even preach the Gospel in lands lying beyond you, without making a boast of work already done in another man''s sphere of activity before we came on the scene. [17] However, let him who boasts and glories boast and glory in the Lord. [18] For it is not the man who praises and commends himself who is approved and accepted, but it is the person whom the Lord accredits and commends.

John 21:18-22 (AMP)
I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, when you were young you girded yourself put on your own belt or girdle and you walked about wherever you pleased to go. But when you grow old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will put a girdle around you and carry you where you do not wish to go. [19] He said this to indicate by what kind of death Peter would glorify God. And after this, He said to him, Follow Me! [20] But Peter turned and saw the disciple whom Jesus loved, following--the one who also had leaned back on His breast at the supper and had said, Lord, who is it that is going to betray You? [21] When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, Lord, what about this man? [22] Jesus said to him, If I want him to stay (survive, live) until I come, what is that to you? What concern is it of yours? You follow Me!

Acts 16:6-15 (KJV)
Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, [7] After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not. [8] And they passing by Mysia came down to Troas. [9] And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. [10] And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them. [11] Therefore loosing from Troas, we came with a straight course to Samothracia, and the next day to Neapolis; [12] And from thence to Philippi, which is the chief city of that part of Macedonia, and a colony: and we were in that city abiding certain days. [13] And on the sabbath we went out of the city by a river side, where prayer was wont to be made; and we sat down, and spake unto the women which resorted thither. [14] And a certain woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the city of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard us : whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended unto the things which were spoken of Paul. [15] And when she was baptized, and her household, she besought us , saying, If ye have judged me to be faithful to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there . And she constrained us.


John 21:15-18 (AMP)
When they had eaten, Jesus said to Simon Peter, Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these others do--with reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion, as one loves the Father? He said to Him, Yes, Lord, You know that I love You that I have deep, instinctive, personal affection for You, as for a close friend. He said to him, Feed My lambs. [16] Again He said to him the second time, Simon, son of John, do you love Me with reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion, as one loves the Father? He said to Him, Yes, Lord, You know that I love You that I have a deep, instinctive, personal affection for You, as for a close friend. He said to him, Shepherd (tend) My sheep. [17] He said to him the third time, Simon, son of John, do you love Me with a deep, instinctive, personal affection for Me, as for a close friend? Peter was grieved (was saddened and hurt) that He should ask him the third time, Do you love Me? And he said to Him, Lord, You know everything; You know that I love You that I have a deep, instinctive, personal affection for You, as for a close friend. Jesus said to him, Feed My sheep. 

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (AMP)
Do you not know that in a race all the runners compete, but only one receives the prize? So run your race that you may lay hold of the prize and make it yours. [25] Now every athlete who goes into training conducts himself temperately and restricts himself in all things. They do it to win a wreath that will soon wither, but we do it to receive a crown of eternal blessedness that cannot wither. [26] Therefore I do not run uncertainly (without definite aim). I do not box like one beating the air and striking without an adversary. [27] But like a boxer I buffet my body handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit.

1 Corinthians 16:15-18 (KJV)
I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,) [16] That ye submit yourselves unto such, and to every one that helpeth with us , and laboureth. [17] I am glad of the coming of Stephanas and Fortunatus and Achaicus: for that which was lacking on your part they have supplied. [18] For they have refreshed my spirit and yours: therefore acknowledge ye them that are such.

Philippians 3:13-14 (KJV)
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do , forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, [14] I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 4:1-2 (AMP)
I THEREFORE, the prisoner for the Lord, appeal to and beg you to walk (lead a life) worthy of the divine calling to which you have been called with behavior that is a credit to the summons to God''s service, [2] Living as becomes you with complete lowliness of mind (humility) and meekness (unselfishness, gentleness, mildness), with patience, bearing with one another and making allowances because you love one another.

1 Thessalonians 5:21-24 (KJV)
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. [22] Abstain from all appearance of evil. [23] And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. [24] Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

1 Thessalonians 5:21-22 (AMP)
But test and prove all things until you can recognize what is good; to that hold fast. [22] Abstain from evil shrink from it and keep aloof from it in whatever form or whatever kind it may be.

Matthew 28:19-20 (AMP)
Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, [20] Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the very close and consummation of the age. Amen (so let it be).

No comments:

Post a Comment