Tuesday, March 12, 2013

MAYBE IT'S TIME TO DUMP SOME OF YOUR FRIENDS! 


MAYBE IT'S TIME TO DUMP SOME OF YOUR FRIENDS! 

As long as Peter looked at Me he walked on the water, toward Me. [30] But when he took his eyes off Me, he saw the wind boisterous, he became afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. [31] And immediately I stretched forth My hand, and caught him, and said to him, O thou of little faith, wherefore did you doubt?" Matthew 14:28-31 (KJV) I would never let him drown, he did great, he was willing to leave his doubting friends in the boat, and attempt the impossible.

It's much easier to so called, believe, while you remain in the boat with your doubting friends, but believing, is not faith, unless it involves risk. The death of a vision is doubt, doubt comes because you take your eyes off Me, as the author of your vision. You start looking at your present position and begin listening to the boisterous winds of your doubting friends, mocking, calling you a crazy daydreamer. You begin to sink back into your routine do nothing, couch potato life style, where Satan no longer troubles you. The  goal of doubt is to keep you under and not on top of your circumstance. Doubt is not natural, faith is! "Whoever will humble himself and become like a little child trusting in faith, lowly, loving, and forgiving is greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:4 (AMP)

I understand your carnal mind cannot understand spiritual things, so I patiently put up with your doubt. Most sincere people have no problem believing at the beginning of their salvation journey, but when they come in contact with religion, doubt enters and becomes a major set back. The key to continued believing is focus. Original faith comes by hearing what is told, and what is heard comes by the preaching of the message that came from My lips." Romans 10:17 (AMP) But then faith continues to grow by focusing on Me and the kingdom.

 Thomas, one of My Twelve, called the Twin, was not hanging with the disciples when I first came back, to show Myself alive. [25] So the other disciples kept telling him, We have seen the Lord! But he said to them, Unless I see in His hands the marks made by the nails and put my finger into the nail prints, and put my hand into His side, I will never believe it. [26] So eight days later His disciples were again in the house, and this time Thomas was with them. So I made a special trip for Thomas's sake, and though they were behind closed doors, I shocked them and suddenly stood among them and said, Peace to you! [27] Then I said to Thomas, Reach out your finger here, and see My hands; and put out your hand and place it in My side. Do not be faithless and incredulous, but stop your unbelief and believe!" John 20:24-27 (AMP)

I did not fire Thomas, he was still one of My disciples, but because Thomas was not hanging with the disciples that day I first showed Myself to them, he missed out, and became a doubter. When you separate yourself from doubting friends, and hang with the water walkers, you will change the world, wherever you go. You have a choice, join a team of crazy world changing water walkers, or stay with your doubting friends, in the boat of circumstances, and be battered by waves of trouble, until your ship sinks! 

BOTTOM LINE: IT'S THEM in the boat OR ME out on the water!


No comments:

Post a Comment