Wednesday, August 21, 2013

THE RICH MAN THAT MAKES A DOLLAR A DAY


THE RICH MAN THAT MAKES A DOLLAR A DAY

What is it about riches, that so many seeming intelligent people are completely deceived, by. Some have so much that they could not spend it in a lifetime, and  they are still clamoring night and day for more and more. In the end they may have a fancier casket, but the dirt that covers it, is the same as that, that covered the man in the $20 wooden box. The inside of the box, makes no difference, because when they close the lid it's pitch black. People on the outside are never heard to say, Oh I just love that casket!. 

When I said, "it will be difficult for a rich man to get into the kingdom of heaven, you would have thought people would change their priorities. Then when I said, [24] It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go into the kingdom of heaven," Matthew 19:23-24 AMP you would think that serious Christians would scale down and live simple and pour every effort into the kingdom. Did you know that almost all American Christians are rich, filthy rich. If you make $100.00 a day your are 100 times richer than 53% of earths population whose average income is a dollar a day. 

Now compare the difference of attitude, between the one dollar and the hundred dollar a day followers: 

One is rejoicing, praising, and giving, while working all day with bare feet and walking home to a dirt floor, to prepare a meal over a wood fire, on the floor under a tin roof, and after a meal of rice and beans, spends hours reading a ragged bible by candle light, gathering his family in a circle and joyfully thanking Me, being so grateful for all they have, and ending the day, praying for the American Christian. They have the attitude "That godliness with contentment is great gain. [7] For they brought nothing into this world, and it is certain that they can carry nothing out. [8] And having food and raiment they are content." 1 Timothy 6:6-8 KJV These people think about Me all day every day!

The other follower is grumbling and complaining, that they need a raise, and that they are not appreciated for all they do, while silently cursing the stinking traffic both too and from work, while riding in their air conditioned car, listening to surround sound, contemplating  should I eat out, at one of a dozen fancy restaurants, or should I prepare a meal in a state of the art kitchen, either way I can't wait to take off these hundred dollar shoes and lounge for the evening in front of my 60" flat screen tv. They have the attitude, I need to get a better job so I can pull down my house, and build a greater one; and there will I bestow all my furniture and my expensive toys. [19] And then, I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry." Luke 12:18-19 KJV
As far as thinking about Me, "WHAT!!! it's not Sunday yet is it?"

The latter was not this way before he started serving mammon, but that's when he became deceived. Right now if you are thinking, this is too legalistic, please understand, that's part of the deception. Remember when I said to the young man, "go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. [22] But when the young man heard that saying, he thought to himself, that's too legalistic, and he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions." Matthew 19:21-22 KJV

Listen if you are in the second group, there is still time for you to change your priorities and enjoy the true riches of the kingdom! I am not nieve, I know most of you won't because "the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, have already choked this word, and you will remain unfruitful." Matthew 13:22 KJV However if just one decides to hate mammon and follow Me, it's worth it. Right now you can have the same mindset as group one and change your TGIF to "I am so thankful every day I am alive, because it's all about you Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment