Friday, May 25, 2012

IS ANYONE WILLING TO STOP FOR ME?

IS ANYONE WILLING TO STOP FOR ME?

Activity is so deceptive because there are so many needs and so few people willing to meet the needs, that any activity seems spiritual, if those needs are being met. There are mountains of needs, and needs piled on needs because, "you have the poor always with you;..." Matthew 26:11 (KJV) Some well meaning people have said, just do something, and I can understand their frustration with millions of, "all talk no action" wanna-be Christians. The kingdom motto is always, "Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only,..." James 1:22 (KJV) But not just the letter word, because "the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." 2 Corinthians 3:6 (KJV)

In a single day there may be 50 good things laid before you and only 5 God things. The enemy will try to keep you busy doing good things, because he wants to keep you away from Me. He can send needs by the thousands and quickly wear you out trying to meet them. His object is to burn you out, with continual good  works and the self anointed activity will eventually do just that. He will get people to try and force you into good things, with guilt. Choosing the best of the 50 is a tiring task, but even though they are the best of the good, they are still not the God things. Remember needs, never move heaven, only faith does.

I never personally rebuked anyone for being sick, for drinking alcohol, or living immoral, I leave that up to My Holy Spirit after He takes up residence in the spirit of man. That's what they wanted Me to do when they dragged the woman they caught in the act of adultery, and threw her before Me. After I shamed them, I looked up, and saw none but the woman, I said, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? [11] She said, No man, Lord. And I said to her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. John 8:10-11 (KJV) I never brought up her sin. However, in contrast, every few hours I was either rebuking someone's lack of faith or commending another's great faith.

Anyone can do good things  but it takes faith to do God things, . It's good to feed the hungry, but which hungry? It's good to heal the sick, but which sick? It's good to give to the poor but which poor? "At the pool of Bethesda, there was a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. [5] And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. [8] I said to him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. [9] And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: ..." John 5:3,5,8-9 (KJV) You may say, it would have been a good thing, to heal the great multitude of impotent folk too, but "I can do nothing of Myself, but only what I see the Father do: for whatever things he does, these are the things I do." John 5:19 (KJV) At that point, healing that one man, was the God thing to do.

Every day, there are thousands of opportunities to give money to meet needs, but which one is the God one? If you know My voice your faith will be activated and you will give to the God one, without hesitation. Sometimes you will do and give to good things, which will be strenuous, but not wrong, as long as you never miss the God things. For the naturally active person it takes great faith, to not fear, and "stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord." Exodus 14:13 (KJV) Refusing to move with the crowd can cause you a lot of flak, and put downs from the religious and active do gooders, but waiting to watch what I am doing, will bring eternal results and rewards.

Here is the bottom line, good things bring temporary results, God things bring eternal results. "Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. [14] If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. [15] If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire". 1 Corinthians 3:13-15 (KJV) If I can only get you to stop for Me, and wait on Me, and I will show you the God things to do.

Visit my blog to review all messages http://www.fromthethroneroom.blogspot.com/
Best regards
Jim Hammerle

Sent from my iPad=

1 comment:

  1. So very well put!

    Starting my day with the "God things" not the "Good things" will be much more fulfilling after reading this wonderful devotion.

    Such a nice motivation for me this Memorial weekend--
    I know so very well that this generation lacks in "be still and know I am God" --
    I do have numerous struggling people calling out to me often as a chaplain rather than calling out to God for themselves.

    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete