Friday, September 30, 2011

YOU CALL ME LORD ... WELL WHAT IF;

YOU CALL ME LORD ... WELL WHAT IF; I asked you to care for only one person your whole life? What if that person were not able to take care of themselves? What if no one ever noticed what you did, your whole life? What if your Christian friends constantly heaped condemnation on you because it looked like you were not doing anything? Knowing all this, would you still do it? What if this person were Me? ... "I was sick, and ye visited me:"  Matthew 25:36 (KJV)  Just suppose I chose to let you go to prison for ten years, and in that prison they beat you any time you spoke about Me. Would you praise Me or think I lied to you and abandoned you? Would you still say, "I'll go where you want Me to go"? What if I was your cell mate? ..." I was in prison, and ye came unto me". Matthew 25:36 (KJV) You always say you trust Me with your life, but can you trust Me with your death? What if I want you to bring Me glory by being a martyr for Me? Even now, You are shunning the very thought it! You are saying, God would never ask me to go that way and your mind is scurrying for scriptures about My protection. Why don't you include this verse?   ...And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: [37] They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; [38] (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth". Hebrews 11:36-38 (KJV) I know you like to skip these verses, maybe even tear the page out, and hope I didn't notice. As an American Christian with a western mindset, martyrdom is unthinkable, but eastern martyrs come home to be with Me everyday. What if I was on the cross next to you?  Would you say, "yes Lord, I will follow you"? ..."Then he said to Jesus, Lord, remember me when You come in Your kingly glory! [43] And He answered him, Truly I tell you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise." Luke 23:42-43 (AMP) These are callings that are regular in the in the eastern nations, but looked on in horror and as one who is being punished for committing some terrible sin, in the western culture. Do you still want to call Me Lord? Many call Me Lord because they believe, I would never ask tis of them, they will not even entertain the thought. Millions have received the martyr's crown, what will you say to them if you refused to give up your vacation? "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."Matthew 7:22-23 (KJV)  If I am truly your lord, you will do My will, looking forward to your great reward. I will not call everyone to these callings, but if I am your Lord the answer would be the same. Never despise any one that calls Me lord, just because, if they call Me lord, you let Me be their judge. "And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. [45] Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. [46] And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." Matthew 25:33,45-46 (KJV) Here are two simple kingdom questions that sum it all up, If you answer yes to these, you are in! (1) DID YOU DO WHAT I ASKED? Obedience is love here! I will not ask you, how much you did for Me because, if you really love me, you will do exactly what I ask. What a shame if you wasted your whole life working for Me, and never did what I asked.  "Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven." Matthew 7:21 (AMP)  I don't know you! (2) DO I HAVE YOUR WHOLE HEART?  Is there any part of your heart that is still attached to your old life. If so your hands are on the plow, but you are looking back, and you are not fit. ... "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back to the things behind is fit for the kingdom of God." Luke 9:62 (AMP).  You still have time to to change you answer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment