Tuesday, October 23, 2012

IS THE PULPIT A BAD THING?

IS THE PULPIT A BAD THING?

Did you know it's not possible seek and find a ministry. Oh many will seek and find a profession and call it ministry, but most are really talented orators, that can hold an audience and "this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words." Colossians 2:4 (KJV) Those who say they seek ministry are deceiving themselves, when what they are really seeking is, recognition, prestige, power or authority, to make up for their insecurity. Ministry is never sought, it is simply a byproduct of intimacy with Me. "Even as I came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give My life a ransom for many. So it is that whoever wants to be great among you, let him be your minister; [27] And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant" Matthew 20: 28, 26-26 (KJV)

Heaven receives no applications, or requests to go to a cross, mop floors, or wash feet. No one is begging to go on the streets and compel, or feed the hungry, clothe the naked, or stay up all night weeping with one who has lost a child. You have no bible schools that teach how to load a truck, change a tire, or clean a toilet. When a widow has no heat, I will call out My minister of heating. When the poor family, has a leaky roof, I will call My minister roofer. When they shut the power off on the single mom, I will call on my minister giver, to pay the bill.

When I was with you in person, I stood behind one of those pulpits a couple of times, and spoke for maybe two minutes. I did not have a lot of time for the pulpit, because I had to go out and minister. Here is the key to ministry: UNDERSTAND WHAT IT IS!!! Anyone that seeks the ministry does not understand true ministry comes out of death, not desire. I was sent to minister, but it was not something I sought, I actually tried to avoid it, I asked three times "Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt" Matthew 26:39 (KJV) Never once did ever ask to be excused from the will of My Father, except when it came to the source of all ministry, the cross. I chuckle when I hear someone say I am studying to be a minister, I do not see them reading a textbook on how to rake leaves, take out garbage, or help street kids do homework.

There are a ton of preachers talking about faith, "but faith, if it does not have works (deeds and actions of obedience to back it up), by itself is destitute of power (inoperative, dead)." James 2:17 (AMP) These same ministers have an unlisted phone number to prevent the very people that need ministry from reaching them. Let Me make it plain, if you have blocked the way for people to get to you, I have blocked the way of you getting to Me. My ministers never have an unlisted number. If they can't touch you, you will not touch Me. "If I the High Priest, can be touched with the feeling of their infirmities; and was in all points tempted like as they are, yet without sin." Hebrews 4:15 (KJV) how can anyone possibly call themselves My minister, and have an unlisted number!

Many who are insecure and call themselves ministers, but end up leading their followers into shipwreck, because they lead from a pulpit instead of by an example. Here is a kingdom fact, everything produces after its own kind. If leader is a mess spiritually his followers will be a mess in every way. You do not love people with a pulpit, but with physically dirty hands. I knelt in the dirt with a sweet little abused prostitute that the preachers were about to kill, not a single orator knelt with Me, their hands were too full of rocks.

So is the pulpit a bad thing? It all depends who stands behind it! The pulpit is a piece of furniture but is the person behind it, leading by example? Can he or she walk away from it and go out an minister at a moments notice? If being behind a pulpit means more to you than cleaning a toilet, you are not leading by example. Wherever you see a strong church body, you will see a great servant, leading by example. I am in the process of dismantling many church bodies, because they have been built by people trying to find security, behind a piece of furniture.

These questions will answer it all, and settle this ministry question:
Do people end up following examples or words?
So is the real pastor an example or an orator? Now maybe you will understand why I said, "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matthew 7:22-23 (KJV)

WOW! HAVE YOU HEARD HIM SPEAK? No but WOW CAN HE EVER CLEAN TABLES AND MOP! That's why I listen to him!
Let it be known that, Only examples are qualified to speak for the kingdom!!!

Visit my blog to review all messages http://www.fromthethroneroom.blogspot.com/
Best regards
Jim Hammerle

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment