Friday, January 6, 2012

LOOK BEHIND YOU...WHO IS FOLLOWING YOU?

LOOK BEHIND YOU...WHO IS FOLLOWING YOU?

Discipleship is getting someone to follow you and do things the same way you do. Many Christians are ignorant, have a false humility or they are just very poor examples of a Christian, when the say, don't follow me, follow Jesus. If they can't follow you whom they can see, how can they follow Me whom they cannot see. My man Paul had it right when he said, "Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ". 1 Corinthians 11:1 (KJV)

Have you been born again? Are you seeking Me? Are you living for Me? Are you seeking My kingdom first? Are you waiting on Me every day? If you answered yes, then why can't someone follow you? Don't just tell them to be angry and sin not, show them how you do it. Don't just tell them to forgive, show them how you forgive. Everybody talks, but few demonstrate how be a kingdom person in the earth. When you teach in a classroom setting, you are teaching, but not discipling. Book learning is a start, but apprenticeship is seeing, and doing, step by step as the teacher does. Read what Paul said, this way, "PATTERN YOURSELVES after me follow my example, as I imitate and follow Christ (the Messiah)." 1 Corinthians 11:1 (AMP)

You can read about carpentry for years, and a teacher can explain carpentry for years to you, but you cannot call yourself a carpenter until you can use the tools skillfully. You learn to use the tools by watching the teacher use them, and then repeating exactly what he or she does. Want to teach someone to pray, start praying. Teach how to intercede, by interceding. Want to teach faith, demonstrate how you walk by faith. If a person has never seen a tooth brush, how can you tell them to go brush their teeth, they may grab a scrub brush and Ajax and look for a bucket of water. You and everyone else watched someone older do it and you can't even recall the incident, or time it took place. Someone decipled you in brushing your teeth.

I want you to stop talking so much and start to disciple people by saying, "do it the way I do". Your students will blossom overnight. Paul was one of My greatest teachers, and this was how he taught; ..."my language and my message were not set forth in persuasive (enticing and plausible) words of wisdom, but they were in demonstration of the Holy Spirit and power a proof by the Spirit and power of God, operating on me and stirring in the minds of my hearers the most holy emotions and thus persuading them, [5] So that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men (human philosophy), but in the power of God." 1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (AMP)

The next time you teach about intercession, invite your students to get on their hands and knees with you and then, you forget about them, and begin to intercede to Me. You may cry, speak in tongues, pound the floor with your fists, be silent for a while, it does not matter, you are interceding according to My Holy Spirit, and that's exactly what you want your students to do. You are called to, JUST BE YOURSELF  in front of your students, so the can watch how My works in you. You say, but I sin, so then you teach them how you repent. 

You say, I get angry with people, good, then that's your lesson on how to forgive! If you say, but I can't forgive, then STOP  TEACHING IMMEDIATELY,  until you can! If you talk about forgiveness and are not forgiving, you are a hypocrite and I will label you unfit for the kingdom. "if when you are offering your gift at the altar you there remember that your brother has any grievance against you, [24] Leave your gift at the altar and go. First make peace with your brother, and then come back and present your gift." Matthew 5:23-24 (AMP)

Your gift is teaching, leave your lip service teaching, and teach by example, how to go to the person you have offended and make it right. Your students will forget 80% of what they hear but remember 90% of what they see. Teachers of My word, that only stand before a group and teach with words, are the most vulnerable of all My followers. This is why I say, "But be doers of the Word obey the message, and not merely listeners to it, (or teachers of it) betraying yourselves into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth." James 1:22 (AMP)

I have no problem with you standing in front of a group and talking, but if you cannot use yourself as an example with every lesson you teach, then you must stop now, because it would be better if a millstone were hung around you neck, than for you to stumble your students. You will most definitely be a stumbling block to your students. You do not have to be perfect and doing everything in life right, but you must be transparent at all times.

If you are teaching something that you are battling with, then be sure to explain in great detail, the inner struggles of your battle, do not pretend you are not in conflict. This will be of great benefit to your students as they go into battle. Look what Paul told his students, "I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. [24] O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" Romans 7:23-24 (KJV) Be willing to weep before your students, never never make them think you are something that you are not.

Now you have a commission and a duty to GO
..." be an example (pattern) for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12 (AMP)

Visit my blog to review all messages http://www.fromthethroneroom.blogspot.com/
Best regards
Jim Hammerle

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment