Sunday, February 12, 2012

BFF ... A RELATIONSHIP ONLY I CAN CLAIM

BFF ... A RELATIONSHIP ONLY I CAN CLAIM

Best Friends Forever is a cute but totally misunderstood name tag. It's based in a temporary emotional feeling. No one knows forever but Me, because I am forever. Unless you have laid down your life for your friend you cannot be sure you have the qualities, convictions and commitment to go to your death, for the one you call best friend. BFF entails much more than coffee every morning. If you are not willing to go to prison, even if they deserve prison, or even die for you friend, you are not qualified to accurately sign off with, BFF. But do not be disheartened ... there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother (Me)." Proverbs 18:24 (KJV) and if you hang long enough with Me, I will give you what it takes to be a BFF.

What if your best friend hates you? You say, "then he would not be my best friend". This answer shows you do not understand friendship. Friendship is one way, "if you love those who love you, what reward can you have? Do not even the tax collectors do that?" Matthew 5:46 (AMP) True kingdom friendship begins with one sharing their life, at the risk of losing it. You did not love Me when I became your best friend. While you were still cursing Me, and I was still your best friend, then, now and forever. "(You) love (Me), because (I) first loved (you)". 1 John 4:19 (KJV)

Forever ?  You do not even know what tomorrow will bring,  can you really commit to forever?  What if your BFF spits in your face, and talks behind you back? This may not be the case now, but 5 years from now things could change drastically. There is nothing wrong with your little titles to make each other feel good, but there is with your understanding of best friend. If you do not understand, "friend" then you will never really enjoy our relationship. If you ever decide you want to be My best friend and just want to hang with Me, you will the happiest person on earth. I am your BFF but you can never enjoy the benefits of our friendship until you receive My friendship and reciprocate.
"You are My friends if you keep on doing the things which I command you to do."   John 15:14 (AMP)

This is not a one sided relationship because I paid the ultimate price of friendship first "No one has greater love no one has shown stronger affection than to lay down (give up) his own life for his friends."  John 15:13 (AMP) Back when you were a liar, a murderer, an adulterer, a cheat, a thief, and all the other sinner labels, I was still your best friend because I still died for you. " God commendeth his love toward (you), in that, while (you) were yet sinners, (I) died for (you)." Romans 5:8 (KJV)

Friendship is not fully enjoyed until it turns into fellowship.    "God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:9 (KJV) Out of the six billion people on the planet, in the western half, I have scarcely any who fellowship, who just love to hang out with Me because they love being with Me. Most everyone wants to be My friend for what the can get or need, and when they get it or if I don't give it to them, they no longer hang with Me.

This is an area where going to church is not counted, it is very important in your walk with Me, but not so much in the BFF equation. You see, best friends like to spend quality time alone, just to share the deeper issues of the heart, good, bad and ugly, with no hidden agendas. A time where both desire only real, pure, and genuine fellowship. "when you pray, go into your most private room, and, closing the door, pray to your Father, Who is in secret; and your Father, Who sees in secret, will reward you in the open." Matthew 6:6 (AMP)

The the answer of BFF lies with you, do you have what it takes to be a BFF? I have the power to make you a true BFF.  I have already proven that I am qualified, so I will  sign off  BFF, and wait for you in the secret place.

Your BFF
Jesus

 

Visit my blog to review all messages http://www.fromthethroneroom.blogspot.com/
Best regards
Jim Hammerle

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment