Friday, February 18, 2011

 ARE YOU TIGHTER THAN A BOW STRING

 ARE YOU TIGHTER THAN A BOW STRING

I want you to understand your nervous system and how it is tied directly to your soul and spirit. From the moment you are born again your soul and spirit are at odds with each other. Your spirit wants to do things My way and your soul wants to continue business as usual, your way.

This tension between soul and spirit gets tighter the longer your soul continues to take charge. In other words, as long as you have it your way, tension is going to build. Any time you decide to give up on an issue, the tension eases. This tightening and loosening can go on for years if you are a strong willed person. 

However there are some that have a very strong will, backed by a humanistic education, that has made their soul very set in it's way. The education has built a very strong defense mechanism around the soul. But I am God and I do not give up on what is Mine. The tension will build until it is tighter than a bow string. 

Those in this state become so torn between what they want in their soul and what they know in their spirit, they have a hard time making any decisions. They take weeks to make decisions most people can make in hours. The core reason is they have not made a decision on who will control their life and destiny. When the tension develops into an all out war, the person can no longer cover up their lack of decisiveness, by saying, they just want to make wise decisions. 

When the bow string is about to snap, they become a wretched person to be around. What they know, is putting so much pressure on what they do, that everything they do,  brings emotional pain and discomfort. Now they are at the point where they either give in and say, "you win Lord", or the string snaps and they tell Me to get out and leave them alone forever, which I will reluctantly do.

Examine your stress level right now. The tension you feel is directly related to your refusal to do something My way. I will not negotiate or compromise, it must be My way, or war will break out inside you, it's your choice, but remember I don't quit. You must either surrender or ask Me to leave. My love for you is unconditional and My mercy endures forever, but you must do things My way, because your way will destroy you.


Romans 7:18-24 (KJV)
For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. [19] For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. [20] Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. [21] I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. [22] For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: [23] But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. [24] O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

James 1:5-8 (AMP)
If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God Who gives to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him. [6] Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind. [7] For truly, let not such a person imagine that he will receive anything he asks for from the Lord, [8] For being as he is a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute), he is unstable and unreliable and uncertain about everything he thinks, feels, decides.

Matthew 6:24 (AMP)
No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will stand by and be devoted to the one and despise and be against the other. You cannot serve God and mammon (deceitful riches, money, possessions, or whatever is trusted in).

1 Kings 18:21 (AMP)
Elijah came near to all the people and said, How long will you halt and limp between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him! But if Baal, then follow him. And the people did not answer him a word.

Deuteronomy 30:19 (KJV)
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Revelation 3:14-18 (KJV)
And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; [15] I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. [16] So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. [17] Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: [18] I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

1 comment: