Wednesday, January 12, 2011

THE AMERICANIZATION OF SCRIPTURE

The Americanization on scripture
Do not interpret scripture looking through glasses made in America. They are tinted so that no pain or strain can enter. When I say follow Me I also give you the price of following me, leave all. This part is not seen through glasses made in America. American christianity is not biblical Christianity in that an easy no price road is laid out and scripture is reinterpreted to match comfort zones.
   You are able to close your doors on the hungry, be involved when it fits your schedule, and choose what to obey and what not to obey. I gave the full picture when someone wanted to follow me, before I let them follow me.  To die to self and to love Me with all your heart is not understood in American theology.
   Many who say they are followers of me, need to go back and compare their lifestyle with what I say, when layout what following me really requires. I do not want any to be shocked with the words, "I never knew you."
   I have multitudes laying down their lives for me everyday but only a few in America, where the American dream is taught to be my will for my followers. The American dream must be rejected to follow me and I will replace it with kingdom living.
   When you invite someone to follow me be honest with them, don't deceive them so they will follow you. I demand the whole heart of man. You are to be conformed to my image but the Americanization of scripture has conformed Me into their image and they worship themselves and creation more than the creator.

Luke 9:57-62 (KJV)
And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest. [58] And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. [59] And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. [60] Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. [61] And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. [62] And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment