Thursday, January 20, 2011

THERE IS A TIME WHEN YOU MUST STOP READING YOUR BIBLE

Word of the Lord to Jim Hammerle

There is a time when you must stop reading my word!

My word is a lamp to your feet and light for your path in order that you might walk upright all your days. My word is for correction and reproof.
   Many however read my word  and continue on as if reading a novel. The moment you read something that brings conviction, you are to stop and make the correction in your walk. With conviction comes enabling power to make the correction.
   It has become common place for my children to continue reading until they find a text that they can align with so they can feel good enough and rid themselves of the conviction that accompanied the previous verses. This is the point they enter into deception by being a hearer and not a doer. Most of my word is not being lived in the western world by those who claim to believe it.
   Many call themselves christian yet do not the things I say. They obey only what does not cause discomfort or change. They actually have people arrested for stealing their coat when I said to give the thief your cloak also.
   They even excuse lying by calling them, little and white. I said "all liars have a place in the lake of fire".  I hear them say, "oh I don't like that part" and quickly turn the page, driving themselves deeper into deception.
   When you read a passage that convicts you, Stop reading my word and start doing it. Then return for the next alignment. Eventually you will, become the word, as a living epistle that all men may see your works and glorify me.
Romans 2:13 (KJV)
(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

James 1:22 (KJV)
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 (AMP)
Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, and for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God''s will in thought, purpose, and action), [17] So that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work

No comments:

Post a Comment